Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Liddle Kiddles



When I was a kid back in the 60's, I used to love playing with Liddle Kiddles which were little dolls made by Mattel. Each doll had a name and character - such as Calamity Jiddle who was an adorable little blonde haired doll who came dressed in a red and white cowboy outfit and white boots. She rode a cute little plastic horse.

Unfortunately, over the years, my collection of Liddle Kiddles was given away. I didn't really think about them again until after I was married and had a little girl of my own. I went to a Barbie doll show in Anaheim and saw a table where the gal was selling Liddle Kiddles. My mind immediately went back to the days when I loved and played with these dolls. So, I ponied up the $40 and bought a new Calamity Jiddle - which cost me about $34 more than I originally paid.


From then, my collection grew to include over 40 dolls, accessories, houses, playsets, puzzles, etc. etc.

Today, I have whittled that collection down to my favorite original Liddle Kiddles that I played with back when I was a child. It's still a nice memory and nice to know you can get some of those memories back even when you're all grown up.

No comments:

Welcome to my Cottage

It's great to have you here. Enjoy reading about my life, family, pets, career and other aspects of who I am. I would love to hear your comments too!